Facebook event page
Japanese American Cultural & Community Center - JACCC
244 S San Pedro St, Los Angeles, California 90012
On Sunday, September 24th, President Trump issued a new Muslim Ban. This third and latest version of the Muslim Ban is as un-American and unconstitutional as the previous versions. It is critical that before the new ban goes into effect on October 18th, there be strong, loud, mass mobilizations that send a message to the world: Arab, African, Muslim, and Middle Eastern communities are organized, and our allies have our backs.
Please join us for a march and rally in downtown Los Angeles to uplift the voices of those most impacted. Join us in standing up for our communities and against racist laws. Let’s band together to tell the administration that we are against the banning of Muslims and refugees.
In the months leading up to the election, Donald Trump attacked Brown and Black immigrant communities with xenophobic rhetoric. Not even a week into his presidency, he began turning his divisive rhetoric into discriminatory policies like the Muslim Ban.
With our communities continuously under attack, with the cancellation of DACA, the building of the wall, the substantial increase in ICE raids, the looming deadline of Temporary Protected Status (TPS), the transgender military ban, and the re-expansion of wars abroad, we must continue to stand up and speak out against this administration's violent and bigoted policies.
We WILL NOT be silent against white supremacy and Islamophobia, and WE WILL stand up in solidarity for all our communities in the face of any and all discriminatory policies.
Individual sign-up for the protest:
Sign up here if your organization is interested in sponsoring the event:
MEDIA CONTACT: CAIR-LA Civil Rights Attorney Patricia Shnell, (714) 851-4851, [email protected]
*Stay tuned for more information on the program, the route, and other details in the coming days.*
1. Activate Labs
2. Al-Awda: The Palestine Right to Return Coalition (Al-Awda: PRRC)
3. American Friends Service Committee (AFSC-LA)
4. Black Alliance for Just Immigration (BAJI)
5. California For Progress
6. California Immigrant Policy Center (CIPC)
7. Courage Campaign
8. Equality California
9. Food Chain Workers Alliance
10. Islamic Shura Council of Southern California
11. LA Jews for Peace
12. LA Progressive
13. LA Voice
14. LA4Palestine and Jews for Palestinian Right of Return
15. Los Angeles LGBT Center
16. Manzanar Committee
17. Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative (Muslim ARC)
18. Muslim Latino Collaborative (MLC)
19. National Council for Jewish Women, Los Angeles
20. National Immigration Law Center (NILC)
21. National Iranian American Council (NIAC)
22. Network of Arab American Professionals — Los Angeles (NAAP-LA)
23. OC Women’s March
24. Orange County Communities Organized for Responsible Development (OCCORD)
25. Orange County Congregation Community Organization (OCCCO)
26. Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC)
27. Progressive Asian Network for Action (PANA)
28. SEIU Local 2015