RSVP here*: goo.gl/forms/z5Prwg9BYqQlu9oj1
NOTE: Only Annenberg students can RSVP via this form. RSVPs do not guarantee you a spot in the workshop – we take more RSVPs than seats available to ensure a full classroom for our instructors. Non-Annenberg students are allowed walk-ins on the day of the event. Leftover seats will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]
*This is the first part of a 2-part series. Don't forget to RSVP to Part 2: facebook.com/events/1146482122148917
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
Data visualizations are a critical business tool. This workshop serves as an introduction to the visual techniques that are often employed when describing, analyzing, and communicating data in a business setting. We’ll start by explaining the role of data visualization in a business setting, and then dive into basic visual methodology.
In this class, we will dive deeper into chart types learned in the intro class, understanding how to customize them to meet their needs. We will also discuss chart selection and understanding which type of business problem should use which type of chart.
Please note, we will be using data from top companies like Netflix, Univision, Apple, etc. to build our Tableau stories.
· Learn how to blend, join and build relationships between different data sources
· Learn simple level of detail (LOD) calculations
· Learn how to build bar charts, area charts, and heat maps to analyze data
· Learn the basic functions of Tableau to format, build dashboards and much more
· Connecting to data
· Measures v. Dimensions
· Tableau Tips and Tricks
· Fundamentals of Data Visualization
· Please bring a laptop with Tableau Public (free) pre-installed
· Please download the data set for the workshop that will be sent out prior to class.
Instructor: Juanita Rodriguez