Blessing Bags (Food & Hygiene items)
Join us Sunday 8/13/17 @ 12pm for another «Street Team Soldier's» mission. We would like to invite anyone who wants to hit the streets with us weekly. All it takes is a simple Act of Kindness, a sandwich, a bottle of water, a hygiene bag, even just a smile and a few hours of your time to make a huge difference.
Our next street mission will be this Sunday 8/13/17 from 12 PM — Till we are done (usually about 2-4 hours) depending on the amount of donations we have.
We Will Be Driving In Our Own Cars To Different Encampments, Carpooling Recommended.
Please come in comfortable attire. NO SANDALS. If its going to be hot, please bring sunscreen and/or a hat. If raining please bring umbrellas or raincoats.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING: Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Cup O Noodles, water, fruits, snacks, clothing, blankets, shoes, socks and hygiene items.
**You may bring hygiene/food items assembled and packed**
**Plastic/Paper/Tote Bags Needed**
Claudia Perez: (323)812-9836
All these past Street Team Soldiers Missions since we have started, have NOT been possible without all of you that have donated items and your time to hit the streets with us and helped share compassion throughout the homeless community in Los Angeles. THANK YOU!!!
We have a continuing need for food, clothing, hygeine items, clean blankets to be distributed on streets. Here is a list of items and instructions on how to make a «Blessing Bag» if you wish to assemble them prior to the event. Share your pics here if you do!
If you cannot make our events but still want to help, you may purchase items on our amazon wishlist: amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3BGJC3I8J5BWO
Hygiene items needed:
Shampoo (mini's preferred)
Lotion (mini's preferred)
Large Size Trash Bags
Gallon Size Ziploc
Sandwich Size Ziploc
Powder Laundry Soap
Non Perishable Food and Snacks (anything single/snack size)
Cases of Bottled Water and Bottled Juice
*NO EXPIRED ITEMS PLEASE
How to make a «Blessing Bag»
1. Separate your Hygiene items and Food items into sections
2. Hygiene: Fill a gallon size ziploc with 1 of each hygiene item that you have (You don't need every single item from the list above)
3. Food: Fill a gallon size ziploc with 1 of each food item that you have along with beverages (For fruit and sandwiches, please make/place them into ziploc no more than 1 day before event to prevent food from spoiling)
4. Now that you have your Hygiene and Food bags made, put 1 of each ziploc into one paper/plastic/tote bag! Any extra items that didn't fit into the ziplocs can be placed inside the paper/plastic/tote bag
5. Now you have made a blessing bag for a homeless individual that desperately needs these items
*For plastic bags, please tie closed