Facebook event page
LACMA Los Angeles County Museum of Art
5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90036
DAPPER DAY + LACMA returns! Step out in style at LACMA on Saturday, September 2, as we celebrate the spectacular new exhibition Chagall: Fantasies for the Stage. It's a day and night full of art, fashion, film, music, and dancing. From vintage-inspired classics to chic, contemporary looks, you're invited to bring your own style to the party.
• 12–5 pm | Docent-led tours of Chagall and fashion in art (free with admission)
• 2–5 pm | 35mm screening of The Red Shoes followed by a conversation about costume design for dance with Stephen Galloway, Bobi Garland, and Stacia Lang (free, tickets required)
• 3–7 pm | Join the LACMA summer tradition and bring a picnic and blanket to gather on the lawn, or grab food and drink at LACMA restaurants or concession stands
• 5–7 pm | Free Latin Sounds concert featuring Fabian Otero & West Coast Salsa Orchestra. Join us on an expanded outdoor dance floor for these hot Latin tunes!
• 7–9 pm | Chagall galleries are open for an additional two hours for this night only!
• 7–10 pm | The dancing continues in front of Urban Light with DJ Professor Watson. (free)
About Our Partner
Started in 2011, by L.A. artist Justin Jorgensen, DAPPER DAY® Events celebrate refined style from yesterday and today with elegant outings to museums, Disney Parks, and more, in L.A., Orlando, and Paris.
Chagall: Fantasies for the Stage is on view 10 am–9 pm, open for an additional two hours this evening. Ticket pricing:
Chagall + General Admission:
Free | Members
$25 | Adults, Seniors (65+) & Students with valid ID
Free | Children (17 and under)
Latin Sounds outdoor performance, DJ, dancing, and picnicking:
Free | Open to the public