Join us at our Tasting Room at Bruery Terreux with Vagabond Cheese Company for a specially-curated flight of The Bruery and Bruery Terreux beers paired with five specially-selected cheeses from Vagabond (beer flight is $10 and cheese flight priced separately). In addition to the pairings that will take the flavors to the next level, you’ll be able to purchase specialty cheeses from Vagabond (and bottles from us) to take home as well. Visit any time between 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. — no advance purchase or registration required.
1. RETOUR AU TRAVAIL French-Inspired Pale Ale. BLACKSTONE Bellwether Farms, Pasteurized Cow and Sheep Milk.
Blackstone has an intense lemon pepper note, and savory and hazelnut flavors that complement the rustic french style of Retour au Travail… This beer is crisp and mellow, and highlights the lemon flavors of the cheese up front and elongates the black pepper finish.
2. THE WANDERER Oak Barrel-Aged Sour Ale with Blackberries and Cherries. TOMME DE CHEVRE AYDIUS Ferme du Bignau, Unpasteurized Goat Milk.
The combination of Tomme de Chevre Aydius’ toasty and bread crust flavors and the jammy mixed berry notes of the beer combine to leave you with the flavor of a mixed berry tart.
3. SHARE THIS: MINT CHIP Imperial Stout with Mint and Cacao Nibs. TERSCHELLING Fromagerie L’Amuse, Pasteurized Sheep Milk.
Terschelling adds buttery flavors to Share This. The pairing reminds us of chocolate mousse (including the awesome creamy texture that this pairing has) with a mint garnish.
4. HOMETOWN FEELING West Coast IPA with Lemon Zest and Vanilla. PRAIRIE BREEZE Milton Creamery, Pasteurized Cow Milk.
Prairie Breeze’s sweetness and deep savory notes provide an awesome backbone to the beer. They turn lemon rind to lemon curd flavors and make the pairing taste like a lemon meringue pie.
5. TRAIN TO BEERSEL Oak Barrel-Aged Imperial Sour Blonde. LINCOLNSHIRE POACHER Ulceby Farm, Unpasteurized Cow Milk.
The buttery and toasty flavors of the cheese are transformed to savory pie crust and the grassy notes of the cheese and funky notes of the beer are perfectly matched.