Facebook event page
Los Angeles City Hall
200 N Spring St Ste 101, Los Angeles, California 90012
American Federation of Musicians Local 47 presents a free concert & media event announcing Music Scoring Tax Credit bill AB 1300 to keep music jobs in CA!
Featuring live musical performances by:
• Rickey Minor — Emmy-nominated music director (American Idol, Grammy Awards, Super Bowl Halftime Show)
• Siddhartha Khosla — composer, NBC Emmy-nominated TV series This Is Us
• & special guests TBA
Guest speakers include local elected officials, labor leaders, and recording musicians and composers:
• Assemblymember Ian Calderon — Assembly Majority Leader, District 57 / AB 1300 author
• Assemblymember Sebastian Ridley-Thomas — Assembly District 54
• Assemblymember James Cooper — Assembly District 9
• Lolita Ritmanis — President, Alliance for Women Film Composers
• Rusty Hicks — Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Los Angeles County Federation of Labor
• Steve Dress — President, Recording Musicians Association Los Angeles
• Marc Sazer — President, Recording Musicians Association International
• John Acosta — President, AFM Local 47
SATURDAY, AUGUST 19, 10:30am-12:30pm
@ Los Angeles City Hall — South Steps
South Lawn Side — corner of 1st & Main streets
Light breakfast refreshments will be served.
FREE RSVP @ keeping-the-score-ab1300-concert.eventbrite.com
About AB 1300: Introduced in April 2017 by Assembly Majority Leader Ian Calderon, AB 1300 — the Music Scoring Tax Credit — would implement a long-sought system for supporting film and television music scoring jobs in California by bringing overseas scoring home. The bill is aimed at bringing the success of our California film and television tax system to musicians and the scores that are an integral part of every film and TV project.