Facebook event page
Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
5333 Zoo Dr, Los Angeles, California 90027
#JoinTheHerd at a fun-filled weekend of in celebration of World Elephant Day, where you’ll learn amazing facts about these magnificent animals and explore various ways that the Zoo and others are working to safeguard elephants in the wild.
Activities in World Elephant Village (included with GLAZA membership or Zoo admission):
• Barn Tours from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Go behind the scenes at the state-of-the-art Elephants of Asia exhibit to see how our resident elephants are cared for and get insights into their behaviors and characteristics.
• Boomer Ball Play Path: Try one of our elephants’ favorite enrichment activities and see how well you do.
• “Trunks as Tools” Education Station: Discover all the fascinating ways that elephants use their dexterous noses.
• Toy Elephant Health Check-Up Station: Bring your own cuddly pachyderm pal for a medical check and receive a certificate of health.
• Conservation Craft: Make an “imprint” on elephant conservation by helping to create a colorful large-scale artwork, and construct your own pocket-sized pachyderm using recycled materials.
• Action Station: Learn about Zoo-supported elephant conservation efforts and what you can do to help.