FREE BIKE RENTALS provided by Metro Bike & L.A.D.O.T. Bike Program!
Sign-ups are now FULL :(
Join us as we launch our first Sustainable Little Tokyo bicycle ride! At 150 acres, Little Tokyo is only one quarter of its original size. Bike with us along the old neighborhood boundaries when it was at its largest, and learn about the community's continued struggle to sustain its history and culture.
• Start/end at Toriumi Plaza at the Metro bike station on 1st St/Judge John Aiso
• Hear firsthand stories from folks who lived or still live on the old boundaries.
• Check out 2017 Nisei Week Japanese Festival and Los Angeles Tanabata Festival
• Have lunch at Mitsuru Sushi & Grill, a 40-year old family-run Japanese American diner and local favorite.
Don't have a bike or helmet? Don't worry! We are partnering with Metro Bikeshare for free bike and helmet rentals.
Parking: Aiso Parking Lot, 101 Judge John Aiso St. $1/hour for the first 2 hours!
Remember to bring:
1. Helmet (All participants under 18 MUST wear a helmet and be escorted by a parent or guardian)
2. Spare inner tubes
3. Plenty of water and snacks
In partnership with API Forward Movement, Japanese American Cultural & Community Center — JACCC, Little Tokyo Historical Society, Metro Bike, L.A.D.O.T. Bike Program, and Sustainable Little Tokyo. Special thanks to CicLAvia for lending their bike racks!
**This ride will be led by League Cycling Instructors (LCI’s) through the League of American Bicyclists and supported by other volunteer riders.
(Photo by Eddie Escamilla)