Facebook event page
Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA)
628 Alamitos Ave, Long Beach, California 90802
Experience the magic of Oaxacan Culture! Bring your family and explore the eight regions of Oaxaca through music, dance, poetry, clothing, gastronomy and art. Sample traditional foods and beverages and browse arts and crafts by local artisans. Learn about Oaxacan folklore as you participate in free art workshops and demonstrations, live performances and much more.
Wear your most colorful outfits and join us!
*This event is organized in collaboration with the Ballet Folklórico Nueva Antequera.*
• 12-4:30pm — * LA GUELAGUETZA hosted by Ballet Folklórico Nueva Antequera. Performances by Banda Filarmónica Maqueos Music and TRIO Mexicante (Sculpture Garden)
*A Guelaguetza is a cultural showcase of traditional dance, costumes, and music!
• 11:00am-4:30pm — Art workshops and displays, demonstrations, tastings, free face painting (Balboa Events Center)
• 11:00am-5:00pm — Oaxacan craft vendors, food and drinks for purchase (Parking Lot)
• 12:30pm — Children’s Storytime (Screening Room)
• 2:00-3:00pm — Docent Tours of Galleries (Meet in Lobby)
FREE ADMISSION provided by Target