The Queen Mary presents the 13th Annual Art Deco Festival! Cruise back in time to the Golden Age of Travel for a weekend aboard one of the greatest maritime monarchs in history, August 19-20.
Drink, dance, dine and discover this opulent era gone-by,
immersed in a variety of activities & lectures, including the Swingin' Sunday Tea Dance and the event of the year — the Art Deco Grand Ball!
Make sure to pin-up those curls and dust off your dapper suits for a weekend you won't forget.
Ticket package options include:
• Art Deco Grand Pass — Includes the Grand Ball, Sunday Tea Dance, Saturday & Sunday Lectures, and the Vintage Bazaar.
• Art Deco Day Pass — Includes access to the ship and her restaurants, the Observation Bar, Art Deco Lectures, and the Vintage Bazaar.
• Vintage Bazaar — Shop your favorite vintage items, marvel at authentic collectibles or even get your hair styled in your favorite era for the evening festivities.
• Art Deco Grand Ball — Individual — The event of the year for The Art Deco Society of Los Angeles, the Art Deco Grand Ball is an exquisite vintage affair to remember with a delectable 4-course historic menu, Dance to the sultry sounds of the era with the famous Dean Mora Orchestra. A portion of the proceeds for this event support the 2017 Queen Mary art conservation project.
• Swingin’ Sunday Tea Dance — Wear your dancing shoes and take a turn or two around the dance floor, while enjoying traditional tea service and vintage inspired libations with sweet and savory treats. Toe-tapping music provided by Grammy-award-winning artist Ian Whitcomb and his Bungalow Boys.
Lectures on the Following Subjects:
• Art Deco in Entertainment Design–8/19 from 11am-11:45am
• The Bathroom of Tomorrow: How Hollywood & Art Deco Design Revolutionized the Restroom–8/19 from 1:30pm-2:15pm
• Mystery, Myth, and Legend: Distilling Truth in Absinthe–8/19 from 3pm-3:45pm
• Deco, Divinity, and the Yellow Brick Road–8/20 from 11am-11:45am
• Decadent Designs–8/20 from 12:30pm-1:15pm
• Adrian Adolph Greenburg–8/20 from 2pm-2:45pm
For more information on the event schedule, pricing, and to purchase tickets, please visit: queenmary.com/events/art-deco-festival/.