YO LA TENGO
Indie rock pioneers Yo La Tengo have been one of the most critically acclaimed bands in the business for the past 30 years. The outfit formed in the mid-'80s and has since released a barrage of hit albums, most notably 1997’s I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One and 2000’s And Then Nothing Turning Itself Inside Out. With audiences still unraveling the lyrical complexity and musical diversity of their 2015 album Stuff Like That There, Yo La Tengo is sure to offer a soul-searching and heart-racing concert experience that you do not want to miss.
** MARINA DEL REY SUMMER CONCERT SERIES **
Now in its 17th year, the Marina del Rey Summer Concerts present exciting symphonic and pop concerts at the beautiful Burton Chace Park. Enjoy a serene sunset by the water & brilliant music under the stars… for free!
2017 Concert Season Schedule:
– Thursday, July 6 – Opera at the Shore
– Saturday, July 15 – Joe (R&B)
– Thursday, July 20 – Symphonic score & screening of Chaplin’s The Kid
– Saturday, July 29 – Alejandro Escovedo (Alt/Roots Rock)
– Thursday, August 3 – Matthew Morrison
– Saturday, August 12 – Yo La Tengo (Indie)
– Thursday, August 17 – Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida (fully staged opera production)
– Saturday, August 26 – Arturo Sandoval (Jazz)
SEATING: Seating is festival-style, available on a first come, first served basis. There is no reserved seating for the public. Please bring a blanket or low-back lawn/beach chairs. No tents or umbrellas.